Resume Engine Employer Portal
The following Employer Portal is here to help you begin using the Resume Engine database to find great military talent for your companies. Scroll below to learn a bit more about our mission and background along with the following topics:
- Getting Started
- Searching for Resumes
- Making Contact
- How to Refer a Candidate
- Unique Resume Features
The mission of the Resume Engine & Career Spark project is to empower soldiers, spouses, and their family members with the very best tools available to create an excellent resume quickly and to directly connect those resumes with industry-leading employers.
This Resume Portal is a collaboration between the US Chamber of Commerce's Hiring Our Heroes Foundation and FASTPORT. The resume tools provided are best described as:
- The Resume Engine: Designed to help veterans translate their experiences into a highly-marketable civilian resume.
- Career Spark: Specifically created with spouses in mind, to highlight their unique qualifications to civilian employers.
- Employer Search Tools: Crafted to help employers efficiently find qualified talent to meet their hiring needs.
- Go to resumengine.org
- Click on the "Employers" tab in the top right corner.
- Enter your email address and click "Send."
- The system will then send you an access email.
- Check your email.
- Click on the "Secure Link" provided to access the portal.
Special Note: You do not need a "password" to access this system. If you need to get back in, just follow the steps here (Also, to keep your account secure, please do not share your Secure Link with anyone, even a colleague).
If you do not have an account approved on Resume Engine, please click here to request an account: https://employer.resumeengine.org/.
We go through a rigorous approval process for all employer requesting a Resume Engine account to protect our Veterans, service members, and their families, so please plan for a 24 to 48 business hour wait for your account's approval.
Searching Resumes with Search Filters
- Once you have logged into your account, you can being searching resumes of military candidates ready to start their civilian employment. Using filters will also allow you to filter candidate results based on several criteria.
- As time passes, though, the filters will hide some job-seekers from view. This will be based on such factors as time elapsed since the candidate's last update, resume completion status, time since you requested their information, etc.
- Understanding how the filters work is very important to ensuring you receive the records you seek.
- Example: When searching for new candidates to add, be sure the "Recruits to Show" field is not set to only "My Recruits," or you'll only see recruits with whom you've already connected!
- You can also save search criteria for future reference.
- If a candidate has shared their information with you previously, you can search for them using an email address or phone number (no spaces or dashes, just the number or email).
- Again, be sure that your other filters are wide open to receive matching candidates and not restricted to "My Recruits Only" when searching. Otherwise, the new candidates will not be listed.
- After entering search criteria, matching candidates will appear.
- Employers can access candidate resumes by clicking "View."
- To receive a candidate's entire resume, as well as contact information including name, email address, etc, click "Request Info."
- The candidate will be notified of your interest in viewing his/her resume and can either grant or deny access at that time.
- Resumes that you've requested will be indicated on the left side of the record.
- The green check indicates that the candidate has granted access to their resume, per your request.
- The red check will appear when you request a resume and until the candidate grants access.
- If, after some time, you would like to follow up with the candidate again, click the "Request Again" button on the right side of the record.
Referring a Candidate
- You can personally refer a candidate for a position that he/she may not have previously seen, helping to close the gap on “missed opportunities.”
- Internal referrals are useful if you'd like to forward the candidate to someone within your own organization
- You can also track how many times you have referred candidates, as well as when.
- While job-seekers are conducting their own searches, Resume Engine & Career Spark allow you to refer candidates to anyone, anywhere, directly through the site.
Unique Resume Features
Resume Engine & Career Spark drastically decrease the amount of time spent looking for a job. Both sites produce thorough resumes quickly and reduce the amount of time it takes to match job-seekers with jobs and/or provide high visibility of job-seekers to employers. Pre-written bullet points allow job-seekers to choose HR-vetted options that correctly and accurately describe their experiences.